Okay. First of all. Im new to the forum so i'd like to say hiya! Alrighty, Down to business now :D I am yet another person with system.ini problems. The whole thing started when i tried to format my computer. An error came up, and there was nothing i can do. NOW, i cant even start my computer anymore. I have to go into "Safe Mode". And there i cannot use the d:/, sooo i cant use my CD to reinstall. what should i do? Also. when i boot up it says all those messages about missing files and replacing them and whatnot. Then it says what im missing...the file is called...C:\PROGRA~1\NTS\ENTERN~1\BIN\NTSPPP3.VDX ...So if ANYONE can help me that would be deeply appreciated!! I need to get my computer running as soon as possible! Thanks again!

Zirok :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The whole thing started when i tried to format my computer. An error came up, and there was nothing i can do.... Also. when i boot up it says all those messages about missing files and replacing them

What were the exact errors?? If you got partially though a reformat, it's most likely that you've trashed enough of your current installation that a reinstall will be your only option. Why exactly can you not perform the reformat/reinstallation?

Well. it wasn't exactly an error. It just froze, i left it for a while, it wouldn't so anything , so i restarted. Now i cant even get into windows. Only safe mode, and that doesn't have D:\, thus i cant use my Windows.

Well. it wasn't exactly an error. It just froze, i left it for a while, it wouldn't so anything , so i restarted. Now i cant even get into windows. Only safe mode, and that doesn't have D:\, thus i cant use my Windows.

The best way is to boot with 98 boot floppy and debug the HDD. then repartition then reformat. See if that works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.