Okay. First of all. Im new to the forum so i'd like to say hiya! Alrighty, Down to business now :D I am yet another person with system.ini problems. The whole thing started when i tried to format my computer. An error came up, and there was nothing i can do. NOW, i cant even start my computer anymore. I have to go into "Safe Mode". And there i cannot use the d:/, sooo i cant use my CD to reinstall. what should i do? Also. when i boot up it says all those messages about missing files and replacing them and whatnot. Then it says what im missing...the file is called...C:\PROGRA~1\NTS\ENTERN~1\BIN\NTSPPP3.VDX ...So if ANYONE can help me that would be deeply appreciated!! I need to get my computer running as soon as possible! Thanks again!

Zirok :cheesy:

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Kinseeker69

The whole thing started when i tried to format my computer. An error came up, and there was nothing i can do.... Also. when i boot up it says all those messages about missing files and replacing them

What were the exact errors?? If you got partially though a reformat, it's most likely that you've trashed enough of your current installation that a reinstall will be your only option. Why exactly can you not perform the reformat/reinstallation?

Well. it wasn't exactly an error. It just froze, i left it for a while, it wouldn't so anything , so i restarted. Now i cant even get into windows. Only safe mode, and that doesn't have D:\, thus i cant use my Windows.

Well. it wasn't exactly an error. It just froze, i left it for a while, it wouldn't so anything , so i restarted. Now i cant even get into windows. Only safe mode, and that doesn't have D:\, thus i cant use my Windows.

The best way is to boot with 98 boot floppy and debug the HDD. then repartition then reformat. See if that works.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.