Forgive me for elaborating but this is very weird

I recently installed nero 7 and it was working fine and i turned my computer off for the night. I turned it on the next morning and it said "Installing windows update (1 of 1)" and then something like "saving settings dont turn off your computer" and it went back and fourth for a long time untill i eventuly turned off the computer. I turned it on and it worked, i logged in and the background was blue and none of the programs that usualy run on the task bar run except "sound" "Norton antivirus" and remove "hardware safely". i cant change the background, or anny SETTINGS for that matter. but i can delete and modify files. My internet is reset every time i get on it, but it still has my favorites. The start menu has nothing on it except "all Programs" and the right pannel. i cant pin annything to the start menu. I ran a full system scan on norton and nothing came up. norton auto protect was off and i couldnt turn it on. i did a system respawn to 2 months ago, and that fixed norton, but i still cant change any settings
... oh and google says my browser cache is full when its not

Help... please

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

go to control panel/users ,and`create a new account ans see what happens

your pc is infected with some malware. you should run adaware, spybot Search and destroy. just so you know malware and trojan alwas target system restore point, so that if you restore you are still infected

i cant download anything

use another pc and a flash drive

the new account worked and im running spybot and its finding crap left and right

the new account worked and im running spybot and its finding crap left and right

great to hear the new account idea! worked for you

my dad decided to restart the compy... completely f***ed up... cant start, took it to circut city and various local computer genuises and from what they tell me its f****d they say its happened once before to some unfrotunate soul...they say whatever virus it was completely wiped out the entire hard drive

my dad decided to restart the compy... completely f***ed up... cant start, took it to circut city and various local computer genuises and from what they tell me its f****d they say its happened once before to some unfrotunate soul...they say whatever virus it was completely wiped out the entire hard drive

how can that be ,in the last post you say you were running virus scans !
did they all try and sell you a new computer !

the virus is brand new and dosen't even have a name yet...

the virus is brand new and dosen't even have a name yet...

lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.