Hi,
I was upgrading from Win98 to windows 2000 on my PC. The installation ran through to completion (100%), and the system rebooted to apply new settings, only when it rebooted it froze in one of the initial screens (BIOS?). I let it set for hours and then finally turned it off and rebooted. Now it still hangs and I don't have a boot disk. Any help you can provide me will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,
I was upgrading from Win98 to windows 2000 on my PC. The installation ran through to completion (100%), and the system rebooted to apply new settings, only when it rebooted it froze in one of the initial screens (BIOS?). I let it set for hours and then finally turned it off and rebooted. Now it still hangs and I don't have a boot disk. Any help you can provide me will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Have you tried reloading the OS? If you need windows 2000 boot disks you can download them from here http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.