I'm using firefox and my computer wouldn't let me go on digg.com or gmail.com because when I did, the page just stopped loading at the point of being a completely white, blank page. When I deleted cookies, it logged me out of those sites and i could get on them fine but as soon as I try to log in it goes to being a blank page again. I've tried temporarily tubing my forewal off and that doesn't fix it so that isn't the problem. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this please?

Thanks,
From Andrew.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What version of FF?
What OS, Edition and Version?
Problem is probably with your security settings

Check with IE and see if it works then

I'm using firefox 2.0.0.12 and windows vista (without sp1). For some reason internet explorer isn't opening so I've installed safari and that is working correctly.

I had a virus which I found before called ie.exe but I think I got rid of it. Could this be something to do with it?

possibly

firstly, boot into safe mode and run sfc /scannow from the run box
this will restore IE from your windows cd and check for any other corrupt/missing system files

probably your problem is a firefox setting. Set all settings back to default and try again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.