Everytime I try to use a microsoft office program, such as word or excel. It asks for Office XP cd. Not only then but also when I try to do a search in windows. Which has nothing to do with Office. It has just started doing this and it has been installed and used for months now. When it asked for the office XP cd i place in the cd and it says it cant find the file it is looking to install. So I decided I would just uninstall and then reinstall office, but when I went to add/remove in the control panel and tried to remove it the same installer window pops up. How can I remove this program so the installer will stop popping up? Can I do it through the registy? Also could the problem be that when I put in the cd it is not the cd that I originaly used to install the program, but it is the same Office version? Either way I do not have the cd I originally used ....it was lost.... So any help on how to remove it would be great. By the way the OS is Windows 2000 pro.

Thanks,
Rob

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I keep having the same reply.... mine happened when I tried to dowload a shareware. Now I can't seem to get rid of it. It keeps asking for MicrosoftMoney.msi. I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to find this. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Everytime I try to use a microsoft office program, such as word or excel. It asks for Office XP cd. Not only then but also when I try to do a search in windows. Which has nothing to do with Office. It has just started doing this and it has been installed and used for months now. When it asked for the office XP cd i place in the cd and it says it cant find the file it is looking to install. So I decided I would just uninstall and then reinstall office, but when I went to add/remove in the control panel and tried to remove it the same installer window pops up. How can I remove this program so the installer will stop popping up? Can I do it through the registy? Also could the problem be that when I put in the cd it is not the cd that I originaly used to install the program, but it is the same Office version? Either way I do not have the cd I originally used ....it was lost.... So any help on how to remove it would be great. By the way the OS is Windows 2000 pro.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob,
I have the same problem
do you have a fix?

Get and run Spybot and Ad-aware ,maybe even Hijackthis,and go to the hijack forum for help with the log ,

Thanks I tried that.
1st I replaced corrupted installer executable
2nd I used switches in excel to reset it.
This Fixed all the problems.

Thanks I tried that.
1st I replaced corrupted installer executable
2nd I used switches in excel to reset it.
This Fixed all the problems.

Where did you get the new installer executable?

I had a similar problem with photo gallery here is how I fixed the problem:

goto http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 and download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility select the program that is giving you the problem and click remove.
Good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.