When I start up windows I recieve the following message 'Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run windows or a windows application. The windows registry or System.ini file refers to this device file,but the device file no longer exists. If you deleted this file on purpose, try uninstalling the associated application using its unistall or setup program. If you still want to use the application associated with this device file, try reinstalling that application to replace the missing file, vsdata95.vxd. Im don't know what started this problem. The mouse stopped working, my color shows funny and when its time to put in my password its like the password is all ready in their thiers a gray stripe going where my password needs to go and i just press enter and it goes to my desktop but their are a lot of programs running. If anyone knows who to fix this problem please help me. Im running compaq windows 98.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

alrighty i gots ur rep so im figuring your having issue gettin it reinstalled. Have you tried reinstalling your old version of Zone Alarm assuming you still have it, or if it came as OEM copy with ur puter. I know you dont have mouse, but you can navigate as if you had a mouse with the keyboard. ALso have you tried other mouses, or should i say first, what type of mouse do you have. DO you have PS/2 mouse (plugs into hole about size of pinky) or a USB mouse (plugs into small rectangle hole) or a Serial Mouse, plugs into a hole thats a DB9 2 row.

If your using USB try plugging in a PS/2 or Serial mouse, to see if it will work. sounds like some driver issues might have arrised from ur messed up/missing file.

I Put My Computer In Safe Mode And The Mouse Only Works In Their Does Any One Know Why. IT ONLY WORKS IN SAFE MODE AND WHY WHEN I GO TO MEDIA PLAYER AND TRY TO PLAY MUSIC I RECIEVE THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE{WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CANNOT FIND THE SPECIFIED FILE. BE SURE THE PATH IS TYPED CORRECTLY. IF IT IS THE FILE DOES NOT EXISTS AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATION OR THE COMPUTER WHERE THE FILE IS STORED OFF LINE} I KNOW THE FILE IS IN THAT LOCATION SPECIFIED BECAUSE I CHECKED AND MY COMPUTER IS ALWAYS ONLINE SO COULD ANY ONE HELP ME? IF YOU COULD IT WOULD BE A BIG HELP THANKS SO MUCH.

gumptownbaddest,

Please post your question in its own thread rather than "hijacking" another member's thread.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.