dumb question from dumb person. Im running out of places to turn for help and I thought Id try here so please forgive me for coming here if the question is not wanted.

I wanted to log into my ftp but I only typed in ftp://ftp on IE

I didnt finish typing in the ftp to what I wanted to access. So I clicked on file and clicked on login and typed in my login name and password. Of course I got the no access box and clicked ok on that box whatever.

I went to the login screen again clicking file and login but I noticed my login name was still in the box. I treid deleting it but no luck. I did everything youre suppose to do to delete trail like going to auto complete and clearing forms. My login name is still in the box. I tried adding a few numbers to try and bump my login out of it but it just keep adding. Now the box is flooded with numers and letters but my log in is till in the list and it created a scrool bar. So bumping the login is out of the question.

Is there some way to clear that box. Like I said Ive tried everything on IE to clear it out. there has to be some way to get rid of my login name in that box. Its the box that says ...login or log in anonymously...save password

anyone who can tell me how to clear it please help me. Ive tried aol chats and window chats and other message boards but still no luck.

thanks

DQ

Member Avatar for TKSS

Is there some way to clear that box. Like I said Ive tried everything on IE to clear it out. there has to be some way to get rid of my login name in that box. Its the box that says ...login or log in anonymously...save password

anyone who can tell me how to clear it please help me. Ive tried aol chats and window chats and other message boards but still no luck.

thanks

DQ

CrapCleaner. It's the best damn program for clearing EVERYTHING possible from Windows. Go get it here: http://www.mrbass.org/freeware/crapcleaner/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.