Hello, I am new to this site and need help please. I recently tidied up my desktop by removing certain programe files - those that said had not been used for some time ( bad idea ). This seems to have resulted in a loss of sound on my Acer Aspire T135. In Device Manager, the ac97 c-media audio device icon is present but has a yellow exclamation mark. In Properties, it says " This device cannot start ( code 10 ). I have tried uninstalling it, but when I try to re-install it, " new hardware found " comes up, but the icon still has the yellow exclamation on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Bob

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello, I am new to this site and need help please. I recently tidied up my desktop by removing certain programe files - those that said had not been used for some time ( bad idea ). This seems to have resulted in a loss of sound on my Acer Aspire T135. In Device Manager, the ac97 c-media audio device icon is present but has a yellow exclamation mark. In Properties, it says " This device cannot start ( code 10 ). I have tried uninstalling it, but when I try to re-install it, " new hardware found " comes up, but the icon still has the yellow exclamation on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Bob

when you try to reinstall .did you download drivers for it ,or are you just letting it search the computer for drivers .you will need to go to www.Acer.com and get drivers for your laptop model,look in support and download

Thank you Caperjack for taking the trouble to reply. However, I found that by hitting the " Sytem Restore " in Control Panel - Performance and Maintenance, I was able to restore my computer to what it was on a date prior to me removing the files that caused the problem in the first place. Everythng is now working fine and I have my sound back. Hope this helps others in a similar fix. Many thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.