Yesterday I was able to listen to music, and when I log on today, I'm not. I try to use the volume controls on my keyboard, and the sound bar comes up but nothing changes. I've tried the troubleshooter and all I've managed to do is get even more confused.

I have received the message, "There are no active mixer devices available. To install devices go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware. This program will now close."

I've looked at the tips given in topics like this before, and was still unable to discern a viable solution. I did update my computer today, if that helps anyone. I'd appreciate a bit of help in the...extremely dumbed down version. Please oh please, someone help me!

Have you checked to see if you have device drivers for your audio? If you do, you might try updating them, or rolling them back. This is a start. If that does not work, just try a complete re-install. Good luck to you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.