Is it possible to create AN EXCLUSIVE USER ACCOUNT IN WINDOWS 2000 PRO? What I mean is:None of the other users,including the Administrator,should be able to see and access my installed applications and of course my data.How do you install applications only for the current user,when the program installer doesn't give you that choice? :D :D :D

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

No, you can't create an account which is inaccessible to the Administrator account.

..but you can create one administrator account and have all the other users just power users or lower.

WHAT IF I CREATE FOLDERS LIKE PROGRAMFILES_USER NAME[ADMINISTRATORS GROUP],START_USERNAME ETC. WOULD MY PURPOSE OF CREATING AN EXCLUSIVE ACCONT BE SERVED?YOU SEE BY AN OVERSIGHT I CREATED AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT FOR THE OTHER USERS OF THE COMPUTER THAT I OWN AND CREATED AN OTHER ACCOUNT IN MY OWN NAME[MEMBER OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP].I DON'T WANT THOSE GUYS TO SEE OR ACCESS ANY OF MY APPLICATIONS.BY THE WAY IS THERE ANY WAY BY WHICH I CAN TRANSFER THAT ACCOUNT TO THE POWER USERS GROUP WITHOUT AFFECTING THEIR SETTINGS TOO MUCH? :?: :?: :?:

WHAT IF I CREATE FOLDERS LIKE PROGRAMFILES_USER NAME[ADMINISTRATORS GROUP],START_USERNAME ETC. WOULD MY PURPOSE OF CREATING AN EXCLUSIVE ACCONT BE SERVED?YOU SEE BY AN OVERSIGHT I CREATED AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT FOR THE OTHER USERS OF THE COMPUTER THAT I OWN AND CREATED AN OTHER ACCOUNT IN MY OWN NAME[MEMBER OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP].I DON'T WANT THOSE GUYS TO SEE OR ACCESS ANY OF MY APPLICATIONS.BY THE WAY IS THERE ANY WAY BY WHICH I CAN TRANSFER THAT ACCOUNT TO THE POWER USERS GROUP WITHOUT AFFECTING THEIR SETTINGS TOO MUCH? :?: :?: :?:

HOLY SMOKES!

That has to be the ugliest combination of fonts and all caps that I have ever seen. I got confused just reading that. Can you please repost the question, and then change the font and/or all caps in the post?

WHAT IF I CREATE FOLDERS LIKE PROGRAMFILES_USER NAME[ADMINISTRATORS GROUP],START_USERNAME ETC. WOULD MY PURPOSE OF CREATING AN EXCLUSIVE ACCONT BE SERVED?YOU SEE BY AN OVERSIGHT I CREATED AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT FOR THE OTHER USERS OF THE COMPUTER THAT I OWN AND CREATED AN OTHER ACCOUNT IN MY OWN NAME[MEMBER OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP].I DON'T WANT THOSE GUYS TO SEE OR ACCESS ANY OF MY APPLICATIONS.BY THE WAY IS THERE ANY WAY BY WHICH I CAN TRANSFER THAT ACCOUNT TO THE POWER USERS GROUP WITHOUT AFFECTING THEIR SETTINGS TOO MUCH?

Log in as administrator and take the admin rights away from them. Then they can't see your "stuff" start/settings/control panel/users and passwords

HOLY SMOKES!

That has to be the ugliest combination of fonts and all caps that I have ever seen. I got confused just reading that.

It hurt my eyeballs!!!!!

I am SOOOOO gonna ask Dani if we can introduce mandatory penalties for people who post stuff which looks like that.

Burning at the stake wouldn't be too severe, do you think?

sorry!!!!!!!! pals.It won't happen again! Ah! I forgot!, techies are supposed to be serious guys,but why should they be so colorless and dictatorial? LOL!LOL!LOL! Just joking,please don't ban me! Does this mean,colors and odd font sizes are banned?

:lol::lol::lol:

Nah!!

We're just saying that the font, colour and caps that you used looked BLOODY AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.