when i load explorer, a message appears saying:

Insecure Internet activity. Threat of virus attack
Due to insecure Internet browsing your PC can easily get infected with viruses, worms and trojans without your knowledge, and that can lead to system slowdown, freezes and crashes.
Also insecure Internet activity can result in revealing your personal information.
To get full advanced real-time protection for PC and Internet activity, register KvmSecure.
We recommend you to protect your PC now and continue safe Internet browsing.
Click here to get full advanced real-time protection and continue browsing.
Continue to this website unprotected (not recommended).

both links lead to either a download page (which i didnt do) or dont work.

i have run numerous scans, virus checks, looked at the registry editor, and nothing will stop it, and on the registry editor there is no sub file containing the words kvmsecure which i was told to look for and delete.

im at my wits end with it. please help.

dont download any program...the program you are told to download is the virus itself...believe me, i tried it...there is one way, it will take a while to do...but if you are up to it, than follow the directions...i had this before, scanned a computer with several virus scanners and nothing came up...but i found the source manually...

RECOMMENDED you make a system restore in case you delete something important...

go to START---COMPUTER---LOCAL DISK---WINDOWS...

look on the column that says DATE MODIFIED...if there is no such column, add it...you can click it to set the files in order from the latest date to the least...

look at any text file that has been modified since that pop up started coming up...if you find any text file, open it and look for any commands or links that point to the site you are getting on the pop up...

if you find nothing...than go to the SYSTEM32 folder and do the same thing...if you find a text file that has been modified since the pop started, than delete the command line if you find any...it will most likely have the same site URL as the pop up and some more lines that are similar...if you do find them...delete them...

after you are done, restart the computer and see if it worked...i hope this solves your problem...

good luck...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.