Hi,

I am trying to schedule a task using the Windows Task Scheduler but what I see is that the task performs fine in windows XP OS while the same task fails in Win2000 server OS. Basically I am trying to run a batch.file. It runs manually in the Win2000 server OS but when I schedule as a task it fails . It shows an exit code of (1).

Is there any difference in scheduling task in Wind XP and Win2k for scheduling batch files.

Thanks in advance
Bhazeen

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Are you sure you're running the task with proper credentials? XP, as you know, requires a valid username/password to run the taask. I'm not too sure about Win2000, but I assume it's the same there too. Be sure to enter a valid username/password.

Thanks for the reply. As I have already mentioned I dont have problems with win XP the problem is with win 2k . And here also I have given username and password(admin access) too during scheduling the task.

Is there anything I am missing in Win2k set up for Window Schduled task. Please let me know.

Thanks
Bhazee

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.