I installed a new ethernet card and its driver in a compaq deskpro ep/sb series running a pentium III and 64 RAM. The problem is that if I add the TCP/IP protocal and then restarting it gives me a windows protection error and it won't pass through it even I restart.I have to use save mode to get to windows and upon removing the Tcp/ip it would start with no problem but now I cant be able to see the whole network.I really need to the Tcp/ip so that I can connect to internet.I would appreciate any ideas given to pass through this frustrating error .

Although the TCP/IP protocols are the same for dial-up networking and for LAN the settings can be very different. Suggest you check these settings, this in ME can best be done through the dial-up networking icon and not the network icon in the control panel.If using both you may need to notify your browser which connection type you are using. g,day.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.