I recently bought a used Compaq Armada M700 with Windows XP because the main computer turned off by itself one day and won't turn back on (we're pretty sure it's the power source). Anyway, for the most part it works perfectly fine, but sometimes if I'm listening to music or watching video, there'll be an annoying buzzing/crackling sound coming from the right-hand speaker. I did some Googling for "compaq armada m700 speaker issues" and found out that I needed to download and install the patch sp20191.exe. I did that and I had no problems with the sound for about a week, but it just started doing it again while watching a YouTube video, and I checked a sound file on my computer to make sure it wasn't just the video and the sound file did it too. It can be fixed temporarily (anywhere from an hour to a few days) if I turn the laptop off, wait about 30 seconds, and turn it back on again, but is there a way to fix it permanently? It doesn't do it all the time, only sometimes, but it's still very annoying.

I think you need to replace your sound card or just connect an external speaker system

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.