I'm not new to the world of computers, but I am new to a lot of problemes with windows vista.
With my bitdefender, I learned that I have a trojan.qhost.akr trojan, and I tired finding a solution on the web, but was unable to follow up on the instructions since it didn't quite match up to what I had.
secondely, when I open up my computer, I get 3 error messages,
C:\users\*username*~1\appdata\local\temp\nnnoNdbx.dll (this file cannot be found)
C:\users\*username*~1\appdata\local\temp\skftlimx.dll (this file cannot be found)
and
winsqs32.rom (specified module could not be found)
And I think because of one of these, I cannot open CD programs with my PC, but I can access other documents on my CD/DVD drive.
Could anybody help me with this. I'm sure it's simple, but it is currently beyond my abilities. Thanks

Hi, please start a new thread in the Viruses/Spyware forum and post a new HijackThis log.

1. Please download the latest copy of HijackThis from Trend Micro and save it to your desktop.
  2. Double click on HJTInstall.exe to install it. Click on Install. By default, it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
  3. Read through the License Agreement presented to you on the next screen and click on I Accept.
  4. Once installed, HijackThis will start automatically. If it doesn't, please go to your desktop and double click on the HijackThis shortcut created there.
  5. Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.
  6. Close HijackThis.

Please post the contents of the log in the Viruses/Spyware section
Note: Do not click on the AnalyzeThis button.

Do not fix any lines you see in HijackThis as most entries are harmless and needed for the normal functioning of Windows.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.