Hi, I recently attempted to do a computer repair via booting form my installation disc. I change the boot priority to my dvd drive, put the disc in, and restarted.

The "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD..." message comes up, so I press a key. Then it starts loading the files, which takes about three minutes. Afterwards, a blue vista style screen appears, with a cursor. No words, no windows, nothing. I also tried F1, Ctrl+Alt+Del, Windows key, etc...

So actually, I can't do anything as far as reformatting, repairing, or any of the other tasks you can do with the windows cd.

Could someone help?

Contributors
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ptaylor965

I had this issue with my Vista when first installing it.

If you wait it will eventually show the screen.

I have no idea how long it takes, but with mine I left the room and came back about 5 minuets later and the screen was still hidden but 10 minuets later and it had showen.

And this is with a Vista Home Premium x64, 2.4Ghz AMD CPU and 4Gb RAM, Should have been faster but works fine after the initial wait.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.