Hi, I recently attempted to do a computer repair via booting form my installation disc. I change the boot priority to my dvd drive, put the disc in, and restarted.

The "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD..." message comes up, so I press a key. Then it starts loading the files, which takes about three minutes. Afterwards, a blue vista style screen appears, with a cursor. No words, no windows, nothing. I also tried F1, Ctrl+Alt+Del, Windows key, etc...

So actually, I can't do anything as far as reformatting, repairing, or any of the other tasks you can do with the windows cd.

Could someone help?

I had this issue with my Vista when first installing it.

If you wait it will eventually show the screen.

I have no idea how long it takes, but with mine I left the room and came back about 5 minuets later and the screen was still hidden but 10 minuets later and it had showen.

And this is with a Vista Home Premium x64, 2.4Ghz AMD CPU and 4Gb RAM, Should have been faster but works fine after the initial wait.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.