We just switched over from workgroup to domain. The users are reconfiguring their settings and so forth, but I cannot find the outlook.pst files. All I can find are .dat / .FAV / .srs / .xml / .NK2 files... anyone know what's going on?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

We just switched over from workgroup to domain. The users are reconfiguring their settings and so forth, but I cannot find the outlook.pst files. All I can find are .dat / .FAV / .srs / .xml / .NK2 files... anyone know what's going on?

Make sure you log onto the local user accounts then copy the PST files from there onto a pen drive or something then log back onto the domain user's account.
I normally create a folder on the server and and point each user to it.

You do this in outlook by going to file then open then just find where you've saved the PST.

Back to the problem though you won't see them if you are logged on the domain just log onto the local machine and do a seach. Make sure you include hidden folders.:)

ah ok... thanks. :mrgreen:

SOLVED

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.