O-kay, So I built my computer a little over a year ago, and its my baby.

My issue is this: I can't get it to go into standby mode, -it jumps in for about 30 seconds, then right back out, with a ctrl+alt+del prompt to unlock the computer, ( I know how to turn that off, I just like it so much).
No matter what I do it won't stay in standby, at first I thought It was an issue with the mouse, but nothing happened when I switched mice, so I tried around the bios, apparently soft-on is known to jump a computer out of stand-by, no such luck (theres a really good chance I did that wrong- bis scares me sometimes)

I would just love to not have to waste so much electricity on this computer, *I would turn it off, but I'm one of those legal downloaders*, (most of my hd is full but stand-by didn't work when it was empty)
I know this post seems erratic and I must sound like I only have the vaguest idea as to what I'm doing, but I assure you, I'm just trying to cover all of my bases, and figure this thing out.

So, anyone who can help me, thankyou, anyone who can't, thankyou anyway
-Lyz

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Lyzard

I know this post seems erratic...

Not really, but a bit light on specifics perhaps ;)

Can you give us the exact make/model of the computer, a run-down of the hardware specs and BIOS make/version, and any other info that would help (for instance- has this been a problem since you first built the 'puter, or has it started happening more recently than that)?

the exact make/model of the computer, a run-down of the hardware specs and BIOS make/version, and any other info that would help (for instance- has this been a problem since you first built the 'puter, or has it started happening more recently than that)?

Okay I built this- but here
AMD Athalon xp 2500+
1.84 GHz
1.00 GB ram
LanParty NFII Ultra -board

Running Win XP Pro
Genie BIOS v.03
and one by HighPoint technology v.03

I've never been able to go into standby

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.