O-kay, So I built my computer a little over a year ago, and its my baby.

My issue is this: I can't get it to go into standby mode, -it jumps in for about 30 seconds, then right back out, with a ctrl+alt+del prompt to unlock the computer, ( I know how to turn that off, I just like it so much).
No matter what I do it won't stay in standby, at first I thought It was an issue with the mouse, but nothing happened when I switched mice, so I tried around the bios, apparently soft-on is known to jump a computer out of stand-by, no such luck (theres a really good chance I did that wrong- bis scares me sometimes)

I would just love to not have to waste so much electricity on this computer, *I would turn it off, but I'm one of those legal downloaders*, (most of my hd is full but stand-by didn't work when it was empty)
I know this post seems erratic and I must sound like I only have the vaguest idea as to what I'm doing, but I assure you, I'm just trying to cover all of my bases, and figure this thing out.

So, anyone who can help me, thankyou, anyone who can't, thankyou anyway
-Lyz

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I know this post seems erratic...

Not really, but a bit light on specifics perhaps ;)

Can you give us the exact make/model of the computer, a run-down of the hardware specs and BIOS make/version, and any other info that would help (for instance- has this been a problem since you first built the 'puter, or has it started happening more recently than that)?

the exact make/model of the computer, a run-down of the hardware specs and BIOS make/version, and any other info that would help (for instance- has this been a problem since you first built the 'puter, or has it started happening more recently than that)?

Okay I built this- but here
AMD Athalon xp 2500+
1.84 GHz
1.00 GB ram
LanParty NFII Ultra -board

Running Win XP Pro
Genie BIOS v.03
and one by HighPoint technology v.03

I've never been able to go into standby

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.