I know this is a silly thing to be complaining about, but i have this little problem with vista when it comes to recycle bin. when i delete a program, i am used to hitting delete on my keyboard. but, when it comes to recycle bin emptying, i hate to have to right click and select with the mouse empty recycle bin. (i get pissed when the mouse must be used for deleting files out of a recycle bin)

is there any way possible to make it so when i press delete on my Recycle Bin, it will delete the files in the recycle bin, and not the recycle bin icon itself. if u don't know already, when you accidentally remove the icon off your desktop, you have to go to personalization to get it back. thanks in advance for those who can help.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It is better to use shortcut key
Alt+del before deleting the file. This file automatically delete from the recycle bin.

ajay
Zubbbu

good to know, thanks

is there a quick way to get to a list of shortcuts? Like a shortcut to shortcuts...

I know this is a silly thing to be complaining about, but i have this little problem with vista when it comes to recycle bin. when i delete a program, i am used to hitting delete on my keyboard. but, when it comes to recycle bin emptying, i hate to have to right click and select with the mouse empty recycle bin. (i get pissed when the mouse must be used for deleting files out of a recycle bin)

is there any way possible to make it so when i press delete on my Recycle Bin, it will delete the files in the recycle bin, and not the recycle bin icon itself. if u don't know already, when you accidentally remove the icon off your desktop, you have to go to personalization to get it back. thanks in advance for those who can help.

click on the bin icon and press enter once inside press ctrl+a to select everything and then use your favourate button DEL

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.