could some one please tell me how to uninstall windows me i dont have the uninstall option :sad: running a ome version

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

If you are trying to put XP on your computer then you should put in the disk at restart and see the options it gives you. thier should be a way to update it without loosing memory. now if you want to you can Fdisk it and erase everything on your hardrive and then install XP. but i would put in the disc and see if it says anything about updating.

thanks for the help no sound but i was trying to put in windows 98 unfortunately i belive thats not an option because according to windows its a downgrade from windows me but again thank you for your intrest
tazkrazy

thanks for the help no sound but i was trying to put in windows 98 unfortunately i belive thats not an option because according to windows its a downgrade from windows me but again thank you for your intrest
tazkrazy

You can install win98 ,but you would have to format your Hard Drive and lose windowes Me along with everthing else is on your computer !

how is this done formatting the hard drive and loosing windows me i wastold once windows me is there from a ome install your stuck with it
thanks
tazkrazy

how is this done formatting the hard drive and loosing windows me i wastold once windows me is there from a ome install your stuck with it
thanks
tazkrazy

It can sometimes be a challenge ,but once you format the drive you can put what ever OS you wish back on !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.