i can download and install service pack 2 with no problem... after it is installed i can not get on internet explorer, when i click on the icon, explorer pops up for a second then goes away... also when i click on my norton antivirus it won't come up... i don't think it's an isp connection issue, because i have mozilla firefox browser, and can get on that and surf the web just fine... little help here please.. thank you!!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Unistall the service pack its not good many pcs have problems after downloading the Windows Service Pack 2. Then if explorer and norton still don't work download them again. If norton is still not working, try downloading a new version that will work for example "Norton System Works 2005" or "Norton Internet Security 2004".

That's not good advice at all! The Service Pack is fine.

Internet Explorer is most likely suffering from spyware. Check the stickied topics in this forum section for information about dealing with those:

Norton needs a patch. You'll find more information in the stickied topic about SP2 at top of page in this forum section you've posted in.

I've rolled out SP2 on a few hundered PC's now and only had problems on one, and before that it wasnt so stable anyway.

Windows XP Servicepack 2 is awsome, do not remove it unless your pc is not responding at all

I think this problem or one like it was fixed by temporary disabling the new windows popup stopper in security center in the control panel or configuring it to allow your home page as a popup ,I think maybe you homepage is seen as a popup !!

I think this problem or one like it was fixed by temporary disabling the new windows popup stopper in security center in the control panel or configuring it to allow your home page as a popup ,I think maybe you homepage is seen as a popup !!

i tried that, but no luck, thanks for the suggestion anyway!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.