Help... I tryed to install a ATI Xtasy 9200 se video caed in my computer. XP picks it up but it gives me CODE 10 ERROR. I have disabled ans uninstalled the onboard video. I have an Emachines T2796. Thank you. PS I know this

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is there a site I can go to that will tell me if it will work with my motherboard.
The video card I an Installing is a PCI version.

compatibility shouldn't be an issue with a PCI card ,how did you uninstall and disable the onboard ??
Usually one of two ways to disable , jumber on motherboard, or in the bios!
so with the computer running ,you would go right click on mycomputer/properties/hardware/ device manager /uninstall drivers for the onbard video display .shut down computer install the new PCI card ,then disable the onboard ,if its a jumper on the motherboard do it before you boot computer ,if its in the bios ,boot computer to BIOS/SETUP and disable onboard ,then reboot computer and windows should detect the new video card ,and either load the drives or ask for place where drivers are located /like on a cd that came with the new card . ,

D845GVSR Intel® Celeron® 2.7 GHz This is the motherbaord I am using. Intel says you can disable it through BIOS, and you can. Windows does not want to use it. ANY help..

D845GVSR Intel® Celeron® 2.7 GHz This is the motherbaord I am using. Intel says you can disable it through BIOS, and you can. Windows does not want to use it. ANY help..

So did you follow a similar procedure to the one i poasted above when you installed it,it should work with that board !

It works...
1. remove all PCI cards
2. boot up windows
3. press F2 to enter BIOS
4. disable onboard video and set to PCI
5. let windows boot up
6. disable video card in divice mananger
7. turn off computer
9. Install new card
10. plug cord into new card
11. turn on computer and press F8
12. boot in VGA mode
13. let windows pick and install, IT WILL STILL BE IN VGA MODE
14. after install reboot like normal and every thing shoud work

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.