When I Access View - > Encoding In Internet Explorer SP2 ,it Always Stays on Western European (ISO).I can change it,but when I restart Explorer It goes Western European (ISO).The same is when i browse the internet,so pages are not displayed correctly.I tried to launch the troubleshooter but Help is loaded with blank screen.Then I noticed i can't access to most of the topics in help.I have Norton Antivirus saying there are no viruses on my system and Spybot and Ad-Aware saying there are no spyware on my PC.This thing happened over night.HELP,PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

I have been vexed with the same problem. My IE encoding defaults to western european, even with auto-select unchecked. This often changes the display font on drop down menus to a point where it is unreadable. I can select the proper encoding, but a refresh or new page defaults to an undesirable coding. My registry has the correct code page references and *.nls files. My IE font selection in options is the default. I ran AdAware and virus software. Nothing seems amiss. I am stumped. Could it be a bug.

When I Access View - > Encoding In Internet Explorer SP2 ,it Always Stays on Western European (ISO).I can change it,but when I restart Explorer It goes Western European (ISO).The same is when i browse the internet,so pages are not displayed correctly.I tried to launch the troubleshooter but Help is loaded with blank screen.Then I noticed i can't access to most of the topics in help.I have Norton Antivirus saying there are no viruses on my system and Spybot and Ad-Aware saying there are no spyware on my PC.This thing happened over

When I Access View - > Encoding In Internet Explorer SP2 ,it Always Stays on Western European (ISO).I can change it,but when I restart Explorer It goes Western European (ISO).The same is when i browse the internet,so pages are not displayed correctly.I tried to launch the troubleshooter but Help is loaded with blank screen.Then I noticed i can't access to most of the topics in help.I have Norton Antivirus saying there are no viruses on my system and Spybot and Ad-Aware saying there are no spyware on my PC.This thing happened over night.HELP,PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

When I Access View - > Encoding In Internet Explorer SP2 ,it Always Stays on Western European (ISO).I can change it,but when I restart Explorer It goes Western European (ISO).The same is when i browse the internet,so pages are not displayed correctly.I tried to launch the troubleshooter but Help is loaded with blank screen.Then I noticed i can't access to most of the topics in help.I have Norton Antivirus saying there are no viruses on my system and Spybot and Ad-Aware saying there are no spyware on my PC.This thing happened over night.HELP,PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Circumvent Windows XP SP2 security features using execCommand 'SaveAs' function!

Demonstration:

Notice that you don't receive any warning messages such as:
"File Download - Security Warning" or "Open File - Security Warning".

If "Hide file extensions for known file types" (Tools->Folder Options...->View) is enabled, (ie., 'funny joke.exe' appears as 'funny joke')
it's possible to trick a user into downloading a malicious executable file masquerading as an html document!

Windows XP SP2 normally prevents direct downloading. For example: calc.exe

Description:

When your browser cannot locate the URL that you entered in the address bar, you will receive a 404 error message
telling you that the file was not found.

This exploit utilizes a custom HTTP 404 error message (v.exe) and feeds that eventually to the execCommand Method.
User input is required because the method always prompts a "Save HTML Document" dialog.

1. Bypasses the "File Download - Security Warning".

Each time you click a download link, WinXP pops up a "File Download- Security Warning", making you aware that
Windows is downloading a program and asking for your permission to complete the download process.

2. Bypasses the "Open File - Security Warning".

Launching a downloaded executable that originates from an untrusted location (zone) such as the Internet also brings
up a "Open File - Security Warning" that asks for permission to install the file in case it's dangerous.

The execCommand Method:

Executes a command on the current document.

One of the many parameters of this method is the SaveAs Command which saves the current Web page to a local file.
The SaveAs Command has the following format:

document.execCommand('SaveAs','1','Name of the webpage.htm');

Platforms Tested:

* Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
* Microsoft Windows XP Professional (IIS V5.1)
* Internet Explorer Version: 6
* NOT tested on Windows 2003 Server.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.