HP Vista 32 bit Home Premium...
Computer just freezes after some time on the net. Started the other night trying to download a newer version of Open Office. I only have around 20 minutes before comp freezes and mouse doesn't work. i need to then manually shut it off. After waiting some time, I restart it and it works for 'some' time. It eventually freezes again.
What's going on?
How to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Do you have this problem whilst your are completely disconected from the internet?

Sometimes download trojans and things can cause this, if you find that being disconnected from your internet solves this then you may be ok.

The other problem may be your graphics card, if you have a faulty grapghics card you can get this very problem. I have experienced it my self before. You have to methods of solving, download and re-install the driver hoping its the driver and not the card OR buy a new card / get it replaced.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.