My problem with my system idle process is gone, thanks in large part by the suggestion of Big Ben to update my drivers; it still hiccups, but not as much.

Onto my latest and greatest dilemna.

I play a game called Day of Defeat, and perhaps some of you have heard it, maybe you haven't, but no worries. You could say I play it pretty avidly, downloading things to customize it and whatnot, however, whenever I go to run DOD.exe, my monitor goes blank, and I get the message "Input Signal Out of Range".

Now, I know this deals with resolution and/or refresh rate of my monitor. The resolution in the game was set at 1024x768, just as my desktop is. Still doesn't work. I try running it in 640x480, no help. I tried fixing the refresh Hz rate of my monitor and it still does not help.

I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, installed it into a different directory, and still I get the same error message from my monitor.

I have heard that I might need to go into my registry and manually change the settings for what my system does when the game is run.

Any suggestions?

-Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have you tried 60, 70 and 75hz at 1024 by 768?

try to load the game into safe mode, the resolution the game is trying to use isnt aviaible for your monitor / video driver combo

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.