Hi All,

This is the issue facing me..Machine specs
1) OS Win2003 Server
2) HD1 ==C drive, D drive (150GB Each).

I need to increase the size of D drive for the software i am running, so i ghosted the entire HD1(300gb) onto a slave drive(HD2).then replaced the Original master with a 500Gb, set jumper to Master and tried to create the image back, That works, However machine will not start, reason for that i think is when i booted back in using the cd i noticed that the slave drive(HD2) had one of its drive`s marked as C and D..though after the restoration of the image the C drive did get restored and so did the D..under a different letter of G...I tried changing this using diskpart but it wont let me do that...any one have any help on how to remedy this situation..?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What is missing is the boot sector. You need your original Windows disk to make your new hard drive bootable. The boot sector is not a file that can normally be copied, since it is different for each partitioning.

Hi,

i tried to do a repair from a windows disk and it started off with the installation part and i was told it would be done in 39 minutes when i chose to exit......as i dint want a clean install of 2003, Do u think i should let that repair that looked like a clean install complete..if so i shall give that a shot ...

It may be the only way.

did you try the "fixmbr" command at the repair prompt.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.