OK. I have had this problem for a few months and have been able to work around it. I'm to the point of being tired of working around it and just want it to work like it's supposed to...

Whenever I open my Yahoo mail and try to compose a message, the pop-up window that contains my address book loads no problem. After checking my contacts that I want inserted, I click on the "Insert checked addresses" button. The address book window goes blank and the window with the composed message has the "error on page" in the bottom left corner, the addresses I chose never load into the message. I have contacted Yahoo about this problem and they say they cannot duplicate it and don't know what's causing it.

I've found this happening in a few other instances too. There is no error report, just the icon in the lower left hand corner of IE saying "error on page". The page will not load correctly because the pop-up it needs will not load correctly.

I scanned the computer with Norton Anti-Virus, Ad Aware, Spybot, and CWShredder. They have found nothing. I've tried diabling the pop-up blocker on IE and that didn't help either. I try to stay on top of security on this computer, but this little problem has me at my wits end!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time~

Valerie

If you disabled the popup blocker and are still having trouble, perhaps your firewall is blocking access to Yahoo! Mail. You may need to open some ports.
Or maybe its time for Firefox?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.