Let me just say that I don't know very much about computers. With that said, on some pages when I try to click a link my computer pauses for about 3 seconds and I get the internet explorer/windows error message with an option to send the error to microsoft...anyways, the page closes immediately after I click "don't send/send". I installed the free etrust antivirus which microsoft offers on their webpage. This has not solved my problems. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for TKSS

Let me just say that I don't know very much about computers. With that said, on some pages when I try to click a link my computer pauses for about 3 seconds and I get the internet explorer/windows error message with an option to send the error to microsoft...anyways, the page closes immediately after I click "don't send/send". I installed the free etrust antivirus which microsoft offers on their webpage. This has not solved my problems. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Switch to Avant Browser. It's like IE 2.0 with much improvement...it even has more features than that of Firefox 1.0

http://www.avantbrowser.com/download.html

it actually sounds like you have some corruption in your internet explorer..if you are on Windows ME or above (win2000 or xp) you could try going to system tools/system restore and restoring to an earlier point. Try going back as far as you can to the time the computer was new and working. If this fails you might try just reloading your operating system again since IE is built into windows. If this still fails you may need a clean install of everything to get it back to factory defaults...this is a pain but probably not as much of a pain as getting errors all the time..hope this helps!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.