Hello, I have HP Pavillion Media Center PC m7640n. In October, my computer crashed, it wouldn't boot up at all. After trying complete system restore with built in restore program (which by the way didn't work). I then had to by the restore discs from HP (they used to come with the new computers, but not anymore). Well anywho. I did the restore with the disc I bought from them, but I am still having problems with my computer. It is running slow, programs sometimes stop responding or close without warning. sometimes & can get on the internet and sometimes I can't.
I downloaded spybot and it found some problems such double click, ad revolver, burst media, mediaplex, statcounter, casalemedia, which were all tracking cookies. Most of the things found come under wild tangent, which showed program directories, web drivers, wtupdates, data files, library files, all falling under "wild tangetn". I didn't delete anything as I wasn't sure if it would cause more problems with my computer.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Is it Xp/2003 x64 or vista x64 ?

I'm sorry, should have put in first post. Its windows xp, version 2002, service pack 3. AMD Athlon(tm) 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.61 GHz, 1.93 GB of RAM didn't know if ya needed all that info or not.

Oh okay, that not XP 64 bit edition then, thats just normal xp on a 64 bit capable CPU. I will move it to the general xp board.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.