Hi..Can't figure this out! My friend's computer crashed after running a virtual community. I've tried loading windows both by way of repair and clean install. Every time stop code 000000050 creeps up and when we try a fresh installation, it says there are no partitions listed to format. It says unknown disk 4 times down the partition list. I looked up stop code and it said possible memory error, so I ran bootable memtest. Both Rams seem to pass. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by magickminion

ide or a sata harddrive .if sata you may need to hit f6 when installing to install sata controller drivers .if so they are usually found on the motherboard disk

Ya its sata but there is no motherboard disk. I've just tried running norton disk from boot up and it only scans for 1 second and says it's checking A drive..nightmare

Ya its sata but there is no motherboard disk.

then you need to go to the mb manufactors web site to get them i guess

I've just tried running norton disk from boot up and it only scans for 1 second and says it's checking A drive..nightmare

not sure what nortons will do for the drive ,did you get to format the drive ,and then get the errors when you tried to install .

I can't format the drive since windows disk always comes up with error screen no matter what I choose. I was told by someone that if a virus had been downloaded, that running Norton bootable and leaving for about 8 hours, would scan pc for viruses. Norton is only giving me an A prompt. Trying to troubleshoot that now.

I can't format the drive since windows disk always comes up with error screen no matter what I choose.

if it not seeing the drive then its quite possiable that the drive has died!! I thrown out many that no longer function in this way !try taking it out and slaving it to another computer,to see if you can excess it .

Sorted..kinda! I used Ranish and deleted existing partition. I created new one and loaded windows. PC now showing I drive as my C drive, but I am still missing my other hard drive. Windows loaded and fully functional so I will leave for a bit until I can figure out how to get both drives up and running

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.