I have Windows xp, macfee, and a dsl provider, and i worked fine FOR SEVERAL MONTHS, but for almost two months i always receive the message The page cannot be display. I talked with the support of the internet provider and we made several conections and procedures but nothing worked, finally they said that i should call dell support because i bought the computer there. I called them too, and we did the same things that i did with the internet providers, at the end they said that i should call the internet providers because they can't fix it. I did everything, reinstall windows explorer, check the internet options, return my system to and erlier time but nothig work. What should I do. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!. :?: I have checked my connection with internet and it work. All the lights in the modem work correctly. I can't see all the pages. The internet work properly because i am using it in another computer temporarily. :cry:

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Which page was it? or was it all pages? did you check the activity lights on the DSL router/modem to see that you had transmission?

I have Windows xp, macfee, and a dsl provider, and i worked fine FOR SEVERAL MONTHS, but for almost two months i always receive the message The page cannot be display. I talked with the support of the internet provider and we made several conections and procedures but nothing worked, finally they said that i should call dell support because i bought the computer there. I called them too, and we did the same things that i did with the internet providers, at the end they said that i should call the internet providers because they can't fix it. I did everything, reinstall windows explorer, check the internet options, return my system to and erlier time but nothig work. What should I do. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!. :?:

I have checked my connection with internet and it work. All the lights in the modem work correctly. I can't see all the pages. The internet work properly because i am using it in another computer temporarily.

have you got your broadband software installed on the temp computer? has it got the modem drivers? are you definitly getting transmission (look at sent/received bytes)

I've checked the transmission. It says 4 sent, 4 received, 0% lost. I will accept all your suggestions

The same here with me. My IE also says " the page cannot be display..." while checking the internet connection it say ok and I do everything fine with firefox.
All your problem is the same with me. It is used to work well before then suddenly ...down.
I tried many things event uninstall and install the update version but not help.
So really looking forward your solution !!

Yes, I connect through LAN.
But usually I do not have to care any thing about proxy or any thing, just choose 'auto detect' and it done!

Yes, I connect through LAN.
But usually I do not have to care any thing about proxy or any thing, just choose 'auto detect' and it done!

dose it work for you if you type in a web site address.
there is a spyware/virus section to this forum, i thing you should get a program called hijackthis and post a log in that forum .
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum64.html

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.