My friend has a Gateway FX laptop or something with Vista. The right speaker stopped working (i checked all the balance settings). I've searched around for how to change the output from stereo to mono, but they all say the same thing; set it to mono (laptop output) in the sound settings. This laptop has no mono option, only 2-channel stereo. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Do you have the latest drivers from Gateway?

check out the wires on your speaker might be loss, cut or what..and also checked the connector of your speaker it might be damaged..try using other speaker if same thing is happening..or else check out the settings in your control panel --- audio devices -- whether you accidentally change the settings to either left only or right only,,make sure that the position of the slider bar is at the center..good luck..

I have a problem with my audio to can anybody help me about it

I have a problem with my audio to can anybody help me about it

what problem?

Don't know if you still have the problem... Making the assumption that your control panel is set to Classic Mode (just go to the CP, should be a setting) go to Sound and Audio Devices under "Speaker Volume" click "Advanced", then in the drop down, select "Laptop Mono".

In my audio setting panel there is no mono option, I searched everywhere. Please help me! I need forced mono. But it seems win7 with Realtec HD doesnt have mono setting. Help!

In my audio setting panel there is no mono option, I searched everywhere. Please help me! I need forced mono. But it seems win7 with Realtec HD doesnt have mono setting. Help!

mono to what ,just trying to figure out why you would need mono

My Mac has only mono output :(

you all suck ass. if you can only wear an earbud in one ear or something or if only one earbud works then you definitely want mono, else you could miss out on a whole guitar solo or something if it's tracked to the opposite side! dumb shits

oh ,simply go out and buy a new set of ear buds ,bud

hey what about me? i need to force my laptop to do mono because at chuach sometimes we run my laptop through the system and i can only send the left channel through the laptop for a number of reasons that make sense, and I would like to be able to run my lappy (win7) in a forced mono mode. regarless of the situations of why i need mono, i'd still want to know how to do mono on my windows seven laptop. help? maybe the cat just feels obligated to make up some motive, what if he just prefers mono?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.