Internet Explorer 8 will not work , when i press on it on desk top nothing happens, except hour glass for about 1 sec. So i tried deleting it in control panel well that doesnt work, when i get to near deleting it, it says the ieencode is needed so i found that and gave it the address, still didnt work. Anyway ive tried to download explorer again 6,7,8 version i cant because i have this version installed , which doesnt work and i cant fix it or delete it. So i have a version that will not work and i cant fix so im using firefox. My University here is linked to work with IE which i study online from home, so any suggestions to fix this?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

cant really help you but if you search www.google.com for uninstalling ie 8 beta you find things like this .
and just a tip for beta ,never install any program that is Beta on you main computer ,Beta only meant for testing purposes only !!
================
You have to go to Windows Explorer, click on your “C” drive, then the IE8 folder.,it might be in program files folder or the windows folder There will be a sub folder labeled “spuninst”. Click on it then find the spuninst.exe file. Double click it and in a few minutes you will be back to IE7
=============================
Removing IE8 on Windows Vista::

1. Click the Start Button and select Control Panel.

2. Select Programs (Programs and Features if you’re using the Classic View).

3. Select View installed updates (it will be under the Tasks column if you’re using the Classic View).

4. Find and select Windows Internet Explorer 8 from the list of available updates.

5. Click the Uninstall button at the top of the list.

6. Restart your system.

Hi, fellow traveler,

I was wondering if anyone gave you a fix for uninstalling explorer 7.0 to go back to 6.0, as that is my exact problem!

Thank you!
daygokid

Hi, fellow traveler,

I was wondering if anyone gave you a fix for uninstalling explorer 7.0 to go back to 6.0, as that is my exact problem!

Thank you!
daygokid

try going to control panel add and remove program and click on show updates at the top and it should show ie7 in there somewhere ,i dont have 7 on my computer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.