Hi guys. I have a big problem. I can't access any resources on the network nor can share my folders because the server service is stopped and I can't make it start. I also can't install any new programs or start messenger or skype. Also when I try to access some websites like Microsoft for example I get the message that the connection was rejected, and the computer takes too long to start or gets blocked and sometimes I can't browse the hard drives. I can't even install the server service from the installation cd. All of these happened after I tried to install Adobe flash on my computer. Flash appears on the list of installed programs even though is not installed and when I try to remove it, it starts the installation process instead and then blocks the computer. I don't know what to do anymore. Any idea to solve the problem will be greatly appreciated.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Kraai

It seems that you are having the same problem I had yesterday, that is if you get this error message:

The spesific error code is 0x000006ba [The RPC server is unavailable]

See my thread of yesterday here:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread160679.html

There are many suggestions out in the wild as to how to fix this, none helped me.

Nah the RPC Server service and the Server service are diffrent

Server is used for windows filesharing and other stuff . You dont need it to browse, only to share. To browse files on other PCs you only need the Workstation service started, and client for microsoft networks installed.

It seems that you are having the same problem I had yesterday, that is if you get this error message:

The spesific error code is 0x000006ba [The RPC server is unavailable]

See my thread of yesterday here:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread160679.html

There are many suggestions out in the wild as to how to fix this, none helped me.

I read your post and there were some differences with my situation. For example the add/remove icon appears in control panel but when I try to remove a program or just install a new one the computer blocks. And I have Internet connectivity I just can't access the share.

I guess you should try a repair install, at least that should save your existing documents, but before you do that, did you try a restore to prev date that is before you installed flash? and or a sfc /scannow?

I guess you should try a repair install, at least that should save your existing documents, but before you do that, did you try a restore to prev date that is before you installed flash? and or a sfc /scannow?

I couldn't start system restore not even in safe mode so I used commander 2003 and now at boot I get the message that the windows\system32\system file is missing or corrupted. I guess I should just try a repair install. thanks for your help

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.