Can an Adobe PDF file *any version* be set up so that when you email it to someone they can't print to it?

I am trying to help my director and he can print any file but this one particular file he can't print - I'm wondering if Adobe has a feature where you can take away the print option from File>PRINT the print is grayed out.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Yes, you can prevent printing on a .pdf file. But you should be able to printscreen or do a screen capture and paste and edit with Paint or another image tool.

I'm wondering if Adobe has a feature where you can take away the print option from File>PRINT the print is grayed out.

if you mean adobe reader ,i dough it ,if you mean a full version of adobe writer ,i think it has features to used to prevent the file from being printed and edited by others when the file is being created !!

It can be done, if you know who created it have them disable the feature and send a new copy. It's not something you're likely to click by accident so they'll know how to change it.

If that's an option use the "print screen" option or use a program to convert it to an image or word document.

See also if your snapshot tool (little camera icon) on top of the pdf window work, then just snapshot the document with that, and paste it in paint.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.