I have used many of the cleaners out there but can't clean the drop down list in my browser, I am using Juno dialup,are there any downloadable cleaners that can take out all of the visited urls? I have done everything suggested from my end to erase the list but to no avail.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Which browser are you using? Generally you can just delete all browser history using the browser itself, or you can take off the auto-complete functionality.

I am using windos XP home edition and I believe my browser is Internet Emplorer 6. Im not compurter savy so could you tell me how to delete all the browser history? thanks

I am using IE7, so the setting may be different to yours. Anyway, to delete the browser history it is: Tools > Internet Options > General > Delete (browser history area). To stop the browser from suggesting: Tools > Internet Options > Content > Settings (autocomplete) > untick Web Addresses.

I have already tried those suggetions but they dont work, I still have urls in my browser drop down list

Ok, well I only have IE7, and it works for me, sorry...

I have already tried those suggetions but they dont work, I still have urls in my browser drop down list

i use this program ,www.ccleaner.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.