I have two pc Win XP & Win vista. They can not log on to each other even though I typed the correct username & password. Then I asked the google, they told me to create the same user account on each, so I can log on to each other. Afterthat I changed password on the Win XP, Win vista could not log on to Win XP, so I desided to change password the same before, but Win vista still can not log on to Win XP. Please help me to solve this thread :(

I can not sleep of it:yawn:

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by gunso4050

Are you using Remote Desktop?
How do you try to login? Your explanations are vague. Please elaborate more

No I usee it to share file. First of all I click Start > Run > type \\PC name
then it appear the Log In dialogue box to give us to fill the Username and Password, but even I type correctly the Username and Password, it still not log in to each other.

Note The uername and password that I used to log in to each other are account administrator. When PC start up, I use the account administrator too, and it can log in.

Hi,
Vista is improved version of windows-XP. During installation we should use 2gb ram and at least 120gb hard disk.

Stellina

You might want to check that both Vista and XP are allowing file sharing.

VISTA
Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Turn on File Sharing

Win XP
Windows Firewall > Exceptions > Check file sharing is allowed

Note: If you have any internet security packages such as Norton. Then you will probably need to change settings there aswell.

Good Luck :cool:
Matt

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.