Hello,
I have recently purchased an mp3, and I have Windows 98 SE. I need to know how to add music files to the mp3 player. Can you please give me step by step instructions? thank you

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

It would be helpful to tell everybody what type of mp3 player you have. Usually you have to install the software that came with your player or download some driver to make your computer recognize the mp3 player connecting to the computer.

actually, nevermind, i solved it, i just forgot to install the driver (stupid of me). thanks for your hepl anyway.

that's good.

Hello,
I have recently purchased an mp3, and I have Windows 98 SE. I need to know how to add music files to the mp3 player. Can you please give me step by step instructions? thank you

just for the heck of it .you just drag and drop them in windows explorer just you would move any files around you computer .you mp3 player becomesa removal disk .also to get the maximun amount of songs on that the manufactor say will fit on the memory you will need to use a mp3 file converter to cut the bit rate of the mp3 down from 128bit [what most mp3 are ] to 64 or 75 ,you may loose a little in the quality ,but unless you have a IPod with lots of memory you will want to do this !I do anyway .but i only have a 64 meg player ! what i use is music machjukebox software that came with the player ,i convert the mp3 to mp3 ,just lower the bitrate .
Free tools
http://www.mp3-converter.com/mp3_converter_freeware.htm

just for the heck of it .you just drag and drop them in windows explorer just you would move any files around you computer .you mp3 player becomesa removal disk .also to get the maximun amount of songs on that the manufactor say will fit on the memory you will need to use a mp3 file converter to cut the bit rate of the mp3 down from 128bit [what most mp3 are ] to 64 or 75 ,you may loose a little in the quality ,but unless you have a IPod with lots of memory you will want to do this !I do anyway .but i only have a 64 meg player ! what i use is music machjukebox software that came with the player ,i convert the mp3 to mp3 ,just lower the bitrate .
Free tools
http://www.mp3-converter.com/mp3_converter_freeware.htm[/quote

I didn't get what u were saying. So please explain again. (also i have a philips mp3 player and i dont have windows 98 SE on Windows 98) next time please be more careful with grammar please

Tell us what player you have, and maybe we can help. :)

I didn't get what u were saying. So please explain again. (also i have a philips mp3 player and i dont have windows 98 SE on Windows 98) next time please be more careful with grammar please

Yes teacher ,so what does this mean ,i dont have windows 98 SE on Windows 98.
lol

what type of problems are you having with putting songs on the mp3 player

Yes teacher ,so what does this mean ,i dont have windows 98 SE on Windows 98.
lol

what type of problems are you having with putting songs on the mp3 player

LOL. I meant to say i onLY have Windows 98 and not 98SE. And the problem im havin' is when i open Windows Media Player and go to PORTABLE DEVICE my MP3 player doesnt appear there. I am using a Philips Jukebox. THNX:cool:

hiya, i got a wharsedale mp3 player for christmas and ive got not clue what so ever how to put music on it.And ive got windows vitsa.Can someone explain to me step by step how to put music on my mp3 player? please. i dont want to add music files just MUSIC please lol...

. i dont want to add music files just MUSIC please lol...

did you mean Wharfedale , music is a music file.
anyway you are not the only one looking to add songs .when you plug it in to visda ,dose it see that you plugged it in and want to load drivers ,dose it show up in mycomputer as a drive icon!
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=gZR&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=wharfedale+mp3+player&spell=1

its ok i know how to do it now lol.

hey what crap is going on here .....
every mp3 comes with a software to load songs and in case u did not get a software then u can simply copy paste songs from your computer onto the removable disk ...... simple enough for everyone to understand !!!

i have a usb cum mp3 player ... i have no hassles doing it just copy paste n play ..... :)

hey what crap is going on here .....
every mp3 comes with a software to load songs and in case u did not get a software then u can simply copy paste songs from your computer onto the removable disk ...... simple enough for everyone to understand !!!

You obviously haven't bought one of the cheap Japanese nockoffs!!!

Hi, i have a similar problem. I have me, but the user maual specified xp, i wonder if there's any way around it. thanks.

I thinl u should ask 4 helplol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.