This is a very strange situation we are. Our AD domain is the same as our webserver domain.

For example, let's say our:

AD domain is: ourcompany.usa.org
Webserver domain is: ourcompany.usa.org

This would be all fine if we had our webserver and domain controller in the same network. However, our webserver is located off site.

How can I fix this? I assume there needs to be a re-direct setup on our DNS server. Someone please help!!!

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If your company used LAN Bridge as the connection method then this would be correct.

This is a very strange situation we are. Our AD domain is the same as our webserver domain.

For example, let's say our:

AD domain is: ourcompany.usa.org
Webserver domain is: ourcompany.usa.org

This would be all fine if we had our webserver and domain controller in the same network. However, our webserver is located off site.

How can I fix this? I assume there needs to be a re-direct setup on our DNS server. Someone please help!!!

Thanks!

Have you made an Active Directory Domain with WinServer 2003?

You mean that you want to access your Web Server which is located in a different place from your local Network(which has the domain ourcompany.usa.org)?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.