I was using my computer the other day for regualar internet usage... when i kept on getting the Dont Send or Send error report.... so i decied i would restart my computer.

When it was loging on to windows... a error comes up saying Service.exe has caused an error hit OK to terminate the program, so i hit ok and says it again and hit ok again and just goes away and im stuck at a black screen. with my mouse frozen. If i just leave the computer sits there it restarts. (repeted over and over)

I had a previous install of XP on my other drive that hasnt been activated and is passed the 30 days... so all I get right now is the window to activate.. but i saw a link to the windows "something" website so i can get at Windows Explore and all the contents of both drives. just no start button or desktop items.

I also ran AVG and Ad-aware... deleted all the stuff it detected and still doesnt work

EDIT: also booted in safe mode... debug mode.. and all the options there is..

Go on over to the Security section of this fourm and post you problem along with a hijackthis log .
Spyware & Trojans and Other Nasties
Please Don't post the hijackthis log in this section Thanks .

Please do this.
Download 'Hijack This!'. HijackThis
Save it in a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\, double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

Your copy of HijackThis needs to be in a folder of it's own. When HJT fixes anything, it makes backups of the original files in the folder it is in. Since Temporary folders are emptied now and then (the files are DELETED), it would not be a good idea to have your backups there. Those backups would be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!

1. Please go to you're 'My Documents' folder, right-click and select 'New > Folder' then name the folder 'HJT'.

2. Copy and paste HijackThis.exe to the new folder.

3. Close ALL windows except HJT

4. SCAN with HJT

5. POST the new log in this thread using 'Add Reply'

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO YOUR COMPUTER'S HEALTH

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.