When I start Sims2, this message pops up:

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this
system! Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0c... yadda yadda yadda"

Well, I have DirectX 9.0c. So I ran DXDIAG, then I went to 'display' and all the DirectX Features are "Not Available". At the bottom, it says "The system is using a generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by te hardware manufacturer" AND "Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer."

I've downloaded drivers for my Video Card, I've also tried this solution where you disable NetMeeting it worked but when I shut down the computer and bring it back up it doesn't work anymore so I'm back at square 1. I also downgraded from Vista to XP

Here is my system Information:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Xp Professional (5.1 Build 2600)

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: Aspire T180

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processer 3800+, MMx, 3DNow, ~2.4GHz

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

It would be great if someone could help me out
Thanks for any advice :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Do you have the NVIDIA GeForce 6100 video card? When you right click on your desktop|properies|settings|advance|adapter|adapter type... does it show your NVIDA video or a generic one? If it shows generic adapter than you need to again install your latest video drivers. Sorry to ask if you already have done this. Just want to try to help you out.

It says my adapter is VgaSave

Correction it is a NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405 video card sorry

Ok i am having basically the same problema my direct x features are unavailable... I updated my drive and format my laptop and installed the latest direct x version and still nothing... The only problem is that when i execute a game there is no image, you can listen to the audio from the game but you can t see the game... There isn t a warning or anything like that... Please i whod like to know what to do to correct this problem... Please its driving me crazy...My video card is standard Vga graphics adapter.Sorry for my ingles. please help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.