Can someone help with this problem pls. I have been running this MYOB application without any problem. Today when I tried using it, a dialog box with the following message appeared and I failed in opening the programme:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application. :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Can someone help with this problem pls. I have been running this MYOB application without any problem. Today when I tried using it, a dialog box with the following message appeared and I failed in opening the programme:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application. :sad:

Hi,
I do not specifically know about MYOB. But so far I have faced and solved similar problem twice. Even though doing a google on this scares you a lot -- blah blah about windows 16 bit systems etc. But in both cases I was able to resolve the stuff by modifying my Autoexec file. Please post more details . May be I can suggest.
-- Whats your OS. In my case both the times it was XP
-- Type the path and contents of your autoexec.nt file.

Thanks aj.wh.ca and Crack, I will try your suggestions and report back.
Cheers,
Fox

Hi Crack,
I follow your suggestion and copy the autoexec.nt in C:\Windows\System32 from xp cd i386, but it still doesn't fix the problem. Pls tell me if there is another way of doing it.
Thanks,
foxkueh

Hi aj.wh.ca,
Can you tell me how to open the autoexec.nt file. I run it with cmd but get the same message: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application.
Cheers,
foxkueh

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.