sugarbug 0 Newbie Poster

Hi,
Yesterday I tried to add a new identity to my outlook express. Since then, my OE window is frozen on this identity. When I click to open the program, the window opens, but when I click anything within that window, I get the "hourglass", which can go on thinking for days, if I leave it. If I click anything else, the top of the window says "not responding". I am able to close the window, with the option to send an error report. So, I can't switch identities, or delete the newly created account, check email, NOTHING.

In an attempt to fix this problem, I have done the following (not necessarily in order)
* re-boot
*checked windows update and d/l'ed & installed all updates
*attempt to re-install Internet Explorer
*in control panel/add or remove programs/add or remove windows components/check OE/IE.....
*try to run OE from safe mode (still frozen)
*try to run OE from another "user" on my PC (still frozen)
*there may be more, but my brain is fried at this point! ;o)

As I understand it, one cannot just "uninstall" either OE or IE without renaming a bunch of files and/or changing a bunch of stuff in the registry. I'm hoping someone can provide a simpler fix, and if not, walk me through the required steps.

I have been all through the Microsoft help information, searched the web, and now here. I have found a few threads discussing similar topics and even one that sounded like my problem, but was left unanswered. :o(

Thanks to anyone with any tips!
Kendra