HELP!
REcently gone from dial up account with aol (9.0) to a broadband account with a different isp.
I have kept aol on the machine as a backup for dial up.

The problem is that when i receive an email with a hyperlink and click it, instead of opening up a new browser window using the broadband connection, it defaults to opening up a 'connection window' looking for aol connection via dial up!

When i manually open IE it opens no problem via broadband, email via OE6 is fine as well.
So why when links are followed in email messages does it look for the old aol account?

I guess there is a setting somewhere - i cannot find it!!

Any help please

HELP!
REcently gone from dial up account with aol (9.0) to a broadband account with a different isp.
I have kept aol on the machine as a backup for dial up.

The problem is that when i receive an email with a hyperlink and click it, instead of opening up a new browser window using the broadband connection, it defaults to opening up a 'connection window' looking for aol connection via dial up!

When i manually open IE it opens no problem via broadband, email via OE6 is fine as well.
So why when links are followed in email messages does it look for the old aol account?

I guess there is a setting somewhere - i cannot find it!!

Any help please

What version of windows are you using

In IE go to tools .internet options /connections /and make sure never dial a connection is checked off ,or every option is greayed out .
Still in interneyt options go to programs and check off IE should check to see whether it the default browser .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.