I know you guys have been getting a lot of hotmail threads lately. I looked over them, and none of them seemed to have the information I'm looking for. I'm very sorry if I completely missed one solving my exact problem.

My problem is:
I have been using hotmail AND MSN for years now. Just yesterday I had gotten a new email and wanted to check it out. I clicked on the mail button shortcut located on my MSN Messenger buddylist... and it said the page cannoy be displayed. I then tried going to www.msn.com and logging out, then logging back in with that account. It logged in fine. Then I went to "hotmail" through that... and the page cannot be displayed. I thought maybe the service was down, but just incase, I logged into my OTHER MSN hotmail account. I logged in to MSN messenger with that, it said I had an email, I opened up hotmail, and it worked totally fine. I could read all my emails and browse over the page like nothing happened.

But I went back to my other hotmail account and tried again. "The page cannot be displayed."

This is incredibly frusterating. When I log in to MSN Messenger, it comes up with "MSN Today" which also shows your hotmail. It SHOWS the emails I have in there, but when I ever try to access the page to ANY email (also sending email, composing email, inbox, etc...) it "cannot be displayed".

I have absolutely no idea what to do. I have important emails that have been sent to me yesterday and today in that account that I simply CAN'T get to.

I deleted my cookies, history, and so on. I even downloaded mozilla firefox and tried getting to my hotmail account on there. It says "The document contains no data." when I try accessing the website. It has been going on all yesterday and now still today. I thought maybe the problem would be resolved by today but... no luck.

This is truely a mystery to me. I would think it was my firewall or internet settings or SOMETHING... but the fact that I can get my -other- hotmail account right in front of my nose but this one won't load on ANYTHING... That is just boggling.

Please, could anyone help me? I very much appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

I know you guys have been getting a lot of hotmail threads lately. I looked over them, and none of them seemed to have the information I'm looking for. I'm very sorry if I completely missed one solving my exact problem.

My problem is:
I have been using hotmail AND MSN for years now. Just yesterday I had gotten a new email and wanted to check it out. I clicked on the mail button shortcut located on my MSN Messenger buddylist... and it said the page cannoy be displayed. I then tried going to www.msn.com and logging out, then logging back in with that account. It logged in fine. Then I went to "hotmail" through that... and the page cannot be displayed. I thought maybe the service was down, but just incase, I logged into my OTHER MSN hotmail account. I logged in to MSN messenger with that, it said I had an email, I opened up hotmail, and it worked totally fine. I could read all my emails and browse over the page like nothing happened.

But I went back to my other hotmail account and tried again. "The page cannot be displayed."

This is incredibly frusterating. When I log in to MSN Messenger, it comes up with "MSN Today" which also shows your hotmail. It SHOWS the emails I have in there, but when I ever try to access the page to ANY email (also sending email, composing email, inbox, etc...) it "cannot be displayed".

I have absolutely no idea what to do. I have important emails that have been sent to me yesterday and today in that account that I simply CAN'T get to.

I deleted my cookies, history, and so on. I even downloaded mozilla firefox and tried getting to my hotmail account on there. It says "The document contains no data." when I try accessing the website. It has been going on all yesterday and now still today. I thought maybe the problem would be resolved by today but... no luck.

This is truely a mystery to me. I would think it was my firewall or internet settings or SOMETHING... but the fact that I can get my -other- hotmail account right in front of my nose but this one won't load on ANYTHING... That is just boggling.

Please, could anyone help me? I very much appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

I don't have a answer, but one of mine accounts started doing the same thing about 2 days ago. I see around in other forums people saying that also. I have 5 accounts and can get into all of them except one. It does the same thing no matter what computer I use, page not available after signing in.

So, I assume its a problem at msn's end. I filled out the the form to report the problem but I didn't get a answer yet. I have done that before and they always answered, might have been a useless reponse but at least they did answer.

Their entire system has been acting crazy IMO for a long time. I delete mail but it still shows up inbox unless I completely leave an come back, stuff like that. Also, I could always in the past just type in the account name to sign in, and hotmail.com would be added automatic, but lately I have to type it all in.

I hope they get this repaired soon or at least someone find out there is a problem at their end. I don't see how it cannot be though. Since one of my acounts has things I really need to get always, I think I'll forward most of it to another email host, like gmail or something. This is the first time I ever had a problem like this in many years of using hotmail.

Yes, I sent them an email not long ago too. I've also tried getting onto my hotmail account on my other computer... no luck. :( I REALLY hope they fix it soon. I neeeed to read those emails...Sigh.

I don't know if there is comfort in the fact that it's happening to other people but I have exactly the same thing except now it's been going on for 5 days. I have an aquaintance at MS and he says there are a lot of people with the problem.

I also sent a request for help to the online tech support and haven't had an answer.

On Mozilla it says "The connection was refused when attempting to contact by 110fd.bay 110 hotmail.msn.com"

If you get the same message then it suggests our cluster is the problem. I know someone somewhere said changing that number helped them get in but I can't change 110, it only shows up on the connecting bar and the error message on Mozilla. IE doesn't do anything but time out.

mine does not work on home or library computers so MSN seems to have problem

can access other MSN accounts from this computer

one thing for sure....
can't trust email systems to hold important information as a reliable backup anymore especially as one is travelling

Finally, a message!
"We apologize, but your account is temporarily unavailable. This delay does not affect the entire site or result from any problem specific with your account however the server that holds your account information is temporarily unavailable. We do not expect this delay to last much longer, so please continue to check our site for your account status."

Yes! I just got that same message and was going to post it here! :) Well I'm glad it'll be fixed soon.

I got in, all my messages were there. Looks fine now. <knock wood>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.