ARRRGH! I am so frustrated. I am assuming my problem is with Internet Explorer, even tho all other sites are working.

My problem is that whenever my mum or sister try to log in to their accounts (one is @hotmail.com, the other is @msn.com) they get one of the following messages
-either a box with disguised letters and numbers telling them to match the characters
OR
-a message saying the address or password is incorrect.

Entering the characters (correctly, yes we do check carefully) or retyping details leads to a blank log-in screen.

Clicking on the help icon associated with the match the characters message brings up a blank window.

MSN 7 is working fine, other than a 'there is an error, do you wish to continue running scripts on this page' message when I sign in. My hotmail address works ok, but then I haven't tried to send an email from this computer since the problem. I can read messages tho.

The only way I found to solve this problem before was to restore factory settings. That only worked for a few weeks.

ANY ideas?!?!?!?!

PLEEEEASE!
It is driving me nuts that my family expect me to be a computer expert. I haven't a clue.

Hi,

Did you check to see if you're being hijacked/redirected? Make sure you're still on a hotmail site. Other than that - see if IE is blocking cookies - I don't know if hotmail/msn needs it, but if you are blocking them, try enabling them for that site. Other than that, have you tried using firefox?

Greg

Right, if your using Zone Alarm then you will need to go to Zone Alarm > Privacy > Cookie Control > Custom > and untick block 3rd party cookies.

Once you have matched the characters and are in your email account, you can re-tick this option.

Cheers

Bazdaa

Hi,

Did you check to see if you're being hijacked/redirected? Make sure you're still on a hotmail site. Other than that - see if IE is blocking cookies - I don't know if hotmail/msn needs it, but if you are blocking them, try enabling them for that site. Other than that, have you tried using firefox?

Greg

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.