I can't understand why when I go to certain web pages, I now cannot see the pictures on those pages (sometimes also the banners). There is a small red "x" along with the name of the picture in the upper left hand corner. I have already checked my settings in advanced internet options and all my multimedia picture options are checked. Please can someone advise what I need to do to get this fixed.

Thanks!

Laurence

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try right clicking on the empty box and choosing show picture. If that doesn't work, check your firewall. Also, try clearing out your cache and refreshing the pages.

I just had this happen and knew it wasn't my firewall because I could open the picture using FireFox. I did right click the red x box and selected "show picture," and that didn't work. Then I noticed something else on the right click menu besides the "show picture" option, and I clicked. I can't remember what it was, but it brought up some privacy / cookie settings where I saw that somehow the website on which I was trying to view the picture was set to not accept cookies. Once I changed that (right in the same window as the block list), I was able to view the picture on the web page.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.