This is simply for all thoes that told me how wrong I was about security and open source browser like fire fox. So now the first of many holes has been found in fire fox. They had to advertise to the world we are way more secure. The hackers have taken notice of that statement and simply responded with "wanna bet". Oh I am sure the die hard fans will still disagree with me which I 100 percent respect. Thats cool. The attacks will probally get worse. For now, since its so rare Im right I will just take my moment in the sun by simply saying "told you so". Peace all and have a good day.....

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

This is simply for all thoes that told me how wrong I was about security and open source browser like fire fox. So now the first of many holes has been found in fire fox. They had to advertise to the world we are way more secure. The hackers have taken notice of that statement and simply responded with "wanna bet". Oh I am sure the die hard fans will still disagree with me which I 100 percent respect. Thats cool. The attacks will probally get worse. For now, since its so rare Im right I will just take my moment in the sun by simply saying "told you so". Peace all and have a good day.....

there is no such thing as security on the internet. everyone knows that. so you really havn't proved anything.

helloimtim, the people disagreeing with you aren't trying to suggest that alternative browsers are completely free of any form of security holes. they are simply challenging your assumption that, because a security hole has been found, an alternative browser is not a better choice. That assumption is simply not true. At this point in time, people's PCs are far safer when an alternative browser is used than they are when IE is used.

That situation may, and probably will, change at some point in the future. We're dealing with people's problems in the here and now!

You are reading far too much into the reports you're hearing, I'm afraid.

In the most recent report I've seen, Secunia found a 'hole' in Firefox which allowed dodgy urls to be 'spoofed' in the address bar. But hey, hey! It's got nix to do with Firefox itself, and everything to do with the way International Domain names work. Some International characters, it seems, can be substituted for commonly used characters, and trick the user into thinking he or she was on a trusted site.

errr..... uummmmm.......

I'm no security expert, but couldn't that self-same situation exist for ALL browsers?

You shouldn't jump to conclusions merely because you've heard the term 'security hole' mentioned. The reality is, IE is riddled with the things, and the drongoes out there are still only just getting started chasing holes in the tools that the more discerning among us use.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.