Hi there,
I have been on the lookout for third party boot loaders for Windows that support boot from VHD. Windows 7's boot manager supports boot from VHD but it cannot boot Windows XP. I have setup a dual boot with Windows 7 as the VHD boot alongside Windows Vista.
Please let me know if you know any ways to set up a Windows XP VHD boot either using a thirdparty boot loader or Windows 7s bootloader.
THanks

I don't know of any "bootloader" that will run a virtual image, because there's no accessible operating system. You'd have two viable options...

Either you go straight to something like VMware ESXI or Xen Server and have ALL the systems as virtual images, or you could install a very streamlined operating system as a secondary boot and have it run the image. I'd use a streamlined linux distrobution (Linux and it's version of VMware player are both free) since I'm sure you could get down to an overhead under 128mb of ram.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.