I was checking Windows updates on Microsoft website and there was an update for "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86".

I checked the version of .Net Framework I have and I found several previous versions including version 3.5 listed above and versions 2 and 3 with different service packs and language packs (you can see them in the attached file).

Should I uninstall the older versions before installing this update? Do I need this update or do I already have it?

Thank you for your time.

Roula,
http://www.e-roula.com

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

(you can see them in the attached file)

Sorry it seems the file didn't get attached, it only had the versions installed...

Wont do you any harm to keep them.

Should I uninstall the older versions before installing this update?

You need not uninstall anything to install the latest update...It will automatically detect and replace

OK let me rephrase my question. I know it won't do any harm to keep them, and it's not replacing them with new installs because I can see all the previous versions in the add/remove programs from the control panel. I would like to know if it would do any harm if I remove the old versions because I like to keep my laptop clean, are the previous versions needed for the new one to be installed?

It's probably a silly question I mean it's not that important but I was just wondering if anyone has a previous experience with that.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.