I was checking Windows updates on Microsoft website and there was an update for "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86".

I checked the version of .Net Framework I have and I found several previous versions including version 3.5 listed above and versions 2 and 3 with different service packs and language packs (you can see them in the attached file).

Should I uninstall the older versions before installing this update? Do I need this update or do I already have it?

Thank you for your time.

Roula,
http://www.e-roula.com

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by rori

(you can see them in the attached file)

Sorry it seems the file didn't get attached, it only had the versions installed...

Should I uninstall the older versions before installing this update?

You need not uninstall anything to install the latest update...It will automatically detect and replace

OK let me rephrase my question. I know it won't do any harm to keep them, and it's not replacing them with new installs because I can see all the previous versions in the add/remove programs from the control panel. I would like to know if it would do any harm if I remove the old versions because I like to keep my laptop clean, are the previous versions needed for the new one to be installed?

It's probably a silly question I mean it's not that important but I was just wondering if anyone has a previous experience with that.

Thanks.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.